Anthony F. Mazza on 16 Feb 2004 19:46:02 -0000

[PLUG] more newbie q's

i am the bookeeper at a small upstart non-profit.  i have been using
gnucash for about six months now.  we are using an accountant for the
first time.  she had heard about an open source accounting program, but
had never seen it before.  when she visited our office recently, she gave
the program 'the once over'.

a few 'basic' question came up that we had a hard time figuring out on our
own.  i checked out the help manual and concepts guide, but couldn't find
the answers to our questions.  they are:

1)how do you make the organization name and information appear at the top
of reports? on screen, and when you print?

2)how do you enter fiscal year, so reports will be on a fiscal year basis?

3)how do you change date options for reports?

4)how do you print out a bank reconciliation report?

5)how do you print out a chart of accounts, or account tree?

6)how do you do journal entries?

also, i've posed this question here before, but i thought i'd ask again:

are there any gnucash user group meetings in the philadelphia area?  the
help list is great, but it would be very helpful to have a face to face
skill share for local users.  especially to those of us that aren't as
technically savvy as what i assume to be the average linux user.

thanks again.

-anthony

--
"We work hard every day to entertain, not offend our listeners.  None of
us defend or encourage indecent content -- it's simply not part of our

- ClearChannel Radio chief executive John Hogan in the Washington Post,
Wed. Jan. 27th 2004.

anthony f. mazza
director of development
prometheus radio project