Chris on 25 Feb 2004 17:10:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Usage ideas for home network...(a bit of OT ramblings)

That is what I figured would be the case, plus I don't really get that many
calls to my house during the day that would necessitate me getting mp3
emails.

I always thought it would be cool to build a better alarm clock. With WiFi
technology and a 5" LCD screen one could make an alarm clock that shows TV
news clips, weather info, Sports news, your daily calendar, emails waiting
to be read, etc. etc... Anyone feel like starting a company? All the
technology is here we just need to put it all into one place, I for one
would love to wake up to something better then that stupid beep or some lame
B101.1

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Ozor
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:26 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Usage ideas for home network...

I've tried the answering machine programs that have automated voice mail
and different mail boxes. Honestly its more obtrusive then it worth and
most people that call have no clue on how to use it. I know "Hit 1 for
Matt" is very tough for the average user. Some are very neat and will
even email you your calls and attach the message as a WAV or MP3.. Which
is very cool.