Chris on 25 Feb 2004 21:03:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Usage ideas for home network...(a bit of OT ramblings)

I think the "smart home" thing will become a huge industry once they get
smart enough to create smart kitchen appliances. Imagine a refrigerator that
knows when your milk goes bad or when you run out of hot dogs it just buys
more and gets them delivered.

I can see it now:

"I am sorry Chris; I can not allow you to use that milk."

In a more realistic sense I wonder how Linux will be used in future
capacities. Obviously it is used in many consumer products already but not
to the level that the consumer is aware that their product is really a
computer.

Sorry for the off topic branch of this discussion. I did get some good ideas
for the original question that I posed. Thank you all again for your help!

Chris.