W. Chris Shank on 28 Feb 2004 19:20:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux on the desktop

I've had similar experiences. I have clients using OpenOffice alongside
Office 97 and 2000 (no Office XP - as that is the reason for using OOo)
and they NEVER call me about document incompatibilities anymore. In the
beginning they would occasionally have incompatibilities - but once they
knew what to look out for (this is where a little training goes a long
way) - they made some minor changes to their document formats and
everything has been pretty stable since.

BTW: My company is now offering half-day training courses in OpenOffice
Writer and Calc. So if you know of any person or business that would like
to convert - but doesn't feel like they can do it without some training -
have them give me a call at the number below.

Chris