Mike Leone on 1 Mar 2004 02:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux on the desktop

Alex Birch (kes@lifesabirch.org) had this to say on 02/29/04 at 20:15:

> If this file isn't confidential, would you mind emailing it to me off
> the list? I don't have a copy of Word 2000, but I do have a copy of Word
> XP and I'll be more than willing to fill out an OpenOffice.org bug
> report. This type of error is unacceptable.

No, it's not confidential, but it was a loong time ago, and I doubt I have
the file anymore (not the converted one, anyway - and I don't recall
precisely which Word doc it was). I probably don't even have the same
version of OOo anymore (on Win32). Sorry.

> Where I used to work, we had to use Windows Office, but I used
> OpenOffice.org for the 7 months and no one noticed a difference. Even
> when I opened, altered and re-saved other people's work. (After a few
> months I quit opening the documents in Word to ensure that the format
> had been maintained.)
>
> OOo 1.1 is a light years ahead of OOo 1.0.

Quite likely. One day, when I find the free time (HA! :-), I will try it
again.