George Langford, Sc.D. on 1 Mar 2004 13:09:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Linux on the desktop

Hello PLUG !

In the context of whether Linux is ready for the desktop,
yesterday I received notice from my Symantec NAV S/W
running on a PC under W98SE that there was a virus in the
PLUG Digest Vol. 1 #1106..  Even though Linux is relatively
immune to virus attacks, Linux users appear to be lulled
into a false sense of security that leaves their emails
vulnerable to infections.

Here's what my Norton Anti-Virus told me about #1106:

> Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message:

> From: plug-request@lists.phillylinux.org
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: plug digest, Vol 1 #1106 - 5 msgs
> .

As a matter of proof, I received no acknowledgement from
the PLUG administrator and there's been not a word about
the transmitted virus in the PLUG Digests that I have
received since #1106.

Best regards,
George Langford, Sc.D.
amenex@amenex.com