M.Simons on 5 Mar 2004 20:53:02 -0000

[PLUG] OT:Computer Voting Issues

          The"Computer Ate My Vote" Campaign Is Coming to Philadelphia

                         And You're Invited To Join In

      The Computer Ate My Vote Campaign has taken off and will land
      in Philadelphia  this week. You're invited to join our news
      conference, at 12 noon Tuesday, March 9th, at the state
      office building (Spring Garden and Broad Sts.)

      This week, 14,500 TrueMajority members sent faxes to their
      Secretaries of State urging them to follow the lead of
      California and Nevada by requiring computer voting machines
      to provide a paper ballot as a record. Keep a hard copy we
      say, so that even a computer crash or hacking cannot ruin an
      election. (You can learn more here
      www.truemajority.org/ComputerAteMyVote)

      On Feb. 17th, TrueMajority announced this national campaign
      at a news conference at the Washington, DC annual convention
      of the National Association of Secretaries of State. The
      media is deeply interested in this problem, and generated
      excellent coverage of our proposed solution.

      Now, it's on to our target states, including Pennsylvania.
      TrueMajority member Ed Aguilar is coordinating the press
      event in Philadelphia, featuring local voting activists and a
      giant computer voting machine prop just like the one I used
      at the launch press conference. We need as many of you as
      possible to come out to show how important reliable voting is
      to Pennsylvanians! (I know Philadelphia is an unreasonably
      long drive for some of you, but I wanted to let all our
      Pennsylvania members know about the event so that you can
      pass it on to friends who live closer to the capital.)

      Let me know if you can make it by sending an e-mail to
      TrueMajority@adelphia.net.

      Our Computer Ate My Vote campaign was funded by TrueMajority
      members who donated over $110,000 last week to help us ensure
      that American elections are free from computer glitches and
      manipulation.

      All my best,

      Ben Cohen
      President, TrueMajority.org

      P.S. If you know friends who'd like to come along, by all
      means invite them too.

      - If you'd like to contact us, don't reply to this e-mail.
      Instead, go here:
      http://action.truemajority.org/ctt.asp?u=516400&l=365

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com