brad-plug on 10 Mar 2004 21:29:02 -0000

[PLUG] Switching to gentoo

I wanted to know if anyone had any insight into switching to gentoo while another distro is running and on the same partitions (I know, not recommended, but is it possible/not excessivly difficult).

Here is what I have -- Sun Ultra 5 running Aurora Linux 1.0 (based on RH 7.3 and not really being maintained from the looks of it).

But, it is running my web/dns/mail servers.  I would prefer to be able to install the base system and then reboot and finish up the installation.  I plan on using stage3 as the system isn't all that fast nor does it have the memory required to use stage1/2 (and there is no good reason to use stage1/2 either).

I wouldn't mind using a spare partition, if I had one.  It might be possible to either resize or re-partition the larger drive (80 GB), but I would prefer to not if I can help it.

thanks
-b