Paul on 12 Mar 2004 02:14:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Anybody ever buy one of those Walmart PCs?

Michael Leone wrote:

I ended up ordering the Walmart PC for $228 or so, with shipping. AMD
Duron 1.4GHz, 128M RAM. I'll need to pick up some more, since all I have
is PC2100 DDR RAM, which I don't think is compatible. But 133MHz SDRAM
shouldn't be too much more.

Why do you think the PC uses PC133 SDRAM?
PC133 is now more expensive than DDR RAM.
And some PC133 RAM isn't backwards compatible with PC100 motherboards.
Based on this experience, load up on RAM when the price curve is in your favor.