Malcolm J Harwood on 22 Mar 2004 01:25:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: SPF

On Sunday 21 Mar 2004 15:04, Tom Diehl wrote:

> Just set up your mta to reject mail that has a from header of aol.com, etc
> but does not come from aol.com mail servers. 99.999% of the mail I see with
> an aol.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc. from header originates from some
> other mail server.

I was under the impression this is exactly what SPF is for. Otherwise you
don't *know* what AOL's mail servers are.

> That mail I drop on the floor. It a always spam. Postfix
> can easily do this.

How are you determining what AOL's mail servers are then?
(As I run postfix, I'd be interested in how you are doing this, as I've not
gotten into extensive spamblocking yet, I get little enough that it's not
been high on my priority list so far).