Malcolm J Harwood on 21 Mar 2004 18:10:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: SPF

On Sunday 21 Mar 2004 12:59, Paul wrote:

> >It would be SPF: http://spf.pobox.com/
>  From what I've read so far SPF will only be effective if a high
> percentage of mail servers implement it.  I know it's a start if, say,
> everyone one this lists implements SPF, but would that make much of a
> difference?  What we it really take to make SPF effective?

Actually if aol, hotmail and yahoo implement the DNS  side, that's 90% of the
spam I see (as forged addresses from those domains are the most common). It
wont have the same effect against virii and worms as those tend to be more
widespread domain-wise.

Given I heard some really obscene numbers for the amount of spam and worms the
large ISPs deal with every day, I would think they would be very inclined to
implement it. (I know AOL already ran one test, I don't know what happened
with it though).