Art Clemons on 27 Mar 2004 17:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] whitelisting for POP3

gyoza@comcast.net:
>I would like a notification beep or something when I'm calling a phone
>which has Caller ID activated.  Just so I know that the other people
>will know, or assume that they know, my identity.

The safest assumption is that everyone has or can have Caller ID. Also, please note that even with turning off caller ID if you call a toll free number, the holder of the number can get ANI information with your number since the holder is paying for the call and gets that as part of the billing setup. In other words, when you call 800, 877, 888 or 866, it's not really private.