M.Simons on 30 Mar 2004 23:57:02 -0000

[PLUG] Computers Bits n pieces/learning how to build Re: (No Subject)

the 'trenton' computer fair should be coming up.  http://www.tcf-nj.org/
it's not actually in trenton, however.

You could also check out NTR - Nonprofit Technology Resources
http://www.libertynet.org/ntr/  - tell Stan I sent you.

What you mean by 'use for parts' -- is in need of some explanation, even
if you want to take old computers apart and make them work if they're not
already working, well, if you don't know how to troubleshoot systems
already, might be a bit frustrating if you don't know if the parts you're
working with are good or not.

If you just want to tack some boards up on your walls for decoration or
something, well, that's another story.

As far as 'word processing only' you could probably even go with older
than early pentiums, depending upon the program your friend wants to use
to do that.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Need Stuff? Got Stuff?: Please Take Materials Exchange: www.pleasetake.org