William H. Magill on 31 Mar 2004 00:28:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] (No Subject)

On 30 Mar, 2004, at 13:05, Kenneth Diehl wrote:
Hi, this is off the topic slightly, but does anybody know where there are any auctions of computers in the Philadelphia area, or surrounding neighborhoods? Possibly these just happen on a sporadic basis.

I want to pick up a few old computers. They don't have to operate. I just want to use them for parts and maybe build one for myself to learn how to do it.  Also, I would get one ready for a friend who wants to use it for word processing only.  So, even very early Pentiums would work.

Visit the local thrift shops ... like the Second Mile Center at 45th and Walnut. They usually have multiple different machines around.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# Beige G3 - Rev A motherboard - 768 Meg
# Flat-panel iMac (2.1) 800MHz - Super Drive - 768 Meg
# PWS433a [Alpha 21164 Rev 7.2 (EV56)- 64 Meg]- Tru64 5.1a
# XP1000 - [Alpha EV6]
magill@mcgillsociety.org
magill@acm.org
magill@mac.com