W. Chris Shank on 3 Apr 2004 02:59:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Using a Projector

depends if your video out is hardware or software dependent. If it's
hardware dependent - then usually just Fn+F8 (or whatever key switches
video out) is enough. If it's software (ie: ACPI) then it's a vendor
specific issue as well as an ACPI issue. From experience, older laptops
with APM support usually work well or sometimes require the external
monitor to be connected at boot time - and the newer ACPI ones will need
a newer kernel (I have had great success with 2.4.25 and ACPI) and
possibly some hardware specific drivers - ie: some thinkpads.

I suggest looking up your laptop model and working your way back from
there.

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 16:38, Gyoza wrote:
> Last time I tried connecting my laptop to a projector things didn't go
> well.  Can anyone give me a quick fix as I might need this capability
> 2.5 hours from now?
>
> Mandrake 9.1
> 1400x1050, 16-bit color
> XFree86 Version 4.3.0