M.Simons on 22 Apr 2004 20:17:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Switching from Cable to DSL

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Chris wrote:
> "I'm just wondering, other than being less stable and
> not as fast as cable, is there anything else that I should be aware of
> before switching?"
> ...that seems to be pretty definitive against DSL if you ask me. Why are you
> changing services?

It's clearly worth it, if you look at the deal.

Personally I wouldn't say cable internet is more reliable than dsl, and
cable is still dependent upon people's use on your segment, but their
offered speeds still start higher.

However, to qualify for the rebate on the wireless dsl router, you only
need to keep the service for 30 days, an easy thing to do for a free
wireless router.

check verizon's site for details (need to be new subscriber, etc.)
--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Need Stuff? Got Stuff?: Please Take Materials Exchange: www.pleasetake.org