Rebecca Ore on 22 Apr 2004 22:36:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching from Cable to DSL

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:31:39PM -0400, MJH (mjhlists-plug@liminalflux.net) wrote:

> I'm currently using a Verizon provisioned line through dca.net, which gives me
> static IPs (which verizon does not), linux friendly and clueful tech support
> (verizon will, last I heard, insist you boot into windows before they'll
> provide support), but they are more expensive ($50/month).

Wrong.  I've had two calls to Verizon about down time and on the recent
one, all I got while getting talked through a reset was "we don't
support Linux or Belkin routers..."  I wasn't required to boot into
Windows.  If things got crunchier than that, perhaps I'd have had a
problem, but if you're getting their supported Linksys router, then it's
really not going to ever be a problem.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore