John Lavin on 29 Apr 2004 16:30:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hi

Actually, what I was hoping to do was block it at the mailman level so
the e-mail doesn't even go out to the list. I've already filtered that
domain to spam on my side - its just: "why propigate the spam?".

I would think that it would be useful in mailman to be able to discard
by ip address.  It can discard by e-mail, but then you'd be banning the
spoofed e-mail, not the spammer.

Kevin Brosius said:
> Looks like the best you could do in this case is check the last received
> header:
>
> http://kevb.net:3000/lurker/mbox/20040429.131040.8d52903d.txt

>   by mail.netisland.net with SMTP; 29 Apr 2004 14:13:16 -0000
>
> I've never seen mail from 'icenetworld.com' that I would consider valid
> from gr.  Or maybe he's got a new domain.  A quick lookup on it ought to
> tell you though.
>
> Kevin
>

> >  This brings me this same problem I have on one of the lists I maintain
> >  with mailman. When they spoof the e-mail address, how would you block
> >  the IP address ranges being used by the spammers/compromised boxes?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  -john
> >
> >  gr@eclipsed.net said:
> >  > The access is open !!!
> >  >
> >  > 27562 -- archive password

John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :
 Bush says his tax cuts are about stimulating the economy. If you      `. `'
believe that, I have some weapons of mass destruction I'd like to sell   `-
you.  --Thomas Paine Cronin