Dan Crosta on 26 May 2004 02:08:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ssh oddity (continued)

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Stephen Gran wrote:

> Take a look at man ssh_config (note that it's not sshd_config, no d) -
> you can have a ~/.ssh/config that specifies a lot of this stuff for you.
> I do not, however, know the details, so if you get it going, please let
> us know.

I have a .ssh/config that looks like:

Host foo
  User foouser
  IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa_foo

Host bar
  User baruser
  IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa_bar

etc. I don't know much about ssh-agent, since I use .ssh/config to take
care of selecting the appropriate key for the host. you can also use
wildcards to specify one setup for several hosts, like:

Host *.foo.bar

Or enumerate them specifically (separate with spaces), like:

Host foo bar baz

Hope this helps.

dsc