sean finney on 26 May 2004 15:50:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ssh oddity (continued)

to throw in my $0.02,

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 09:22:33AM -0400, Ruse, Kevin KPSI wrote:
> Here's another reply that doesn't address the issue but goes off on a
> tagent. I've have found keychain http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain.xml
> very usefull in handeling all of my ssh key sharing needs.

i'm using keychain along with a home-rolled hotplug script so that
when i plug in my usb keychain, it automatically loads up a specified
set of keys, prompting via ssh-askpass/ssh-add.  it does this without
copying the private keys off of the usb drive and when you unplug the
keychain drive, it automatically removes the keys that were loaded.

if anyone's interested in the script, i'd be happy to share copies of
it off-list.

	sean