Paul L. Snyder on 26 May 2004 15:59:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ssh oddity (continued)

Quoting Jeff Abrahamson <jeff@purple.com>:

> The man page for ssh-add also tells me that I can do much more
> sophisticated key management: I can delete keys from the agent, add
> them with expiration, and even password protect (temporarily turn off)
> the agent.  Very cool.

This isn't actually relevant to your just-resolved problem, but there's a nice
wrapper script for ssh-agent called keychain which is convenient in some cases.
 It lets you conveniently reuse an established ssh-agent between different
logons on the same machine, saving retyping of passphrases on machines you control.

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain.xml

Cheers,
pls