Jeff McAdams on 6 Jun 2004 22:35:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PLUG meeting topics

Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
>>>What do you want to hear? What would you be willing to give a talk on?
>>>The floor is open for discussion!

>>I'd be very interested in hearing from someone who has direct experience
>>with MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/), or with GNU Hurd.

> Good call...  MythTV is something I'd like to see as well.

I'll mention that we just had a Lightning talks at our meeting here in
Louisville.  They went quite well...had about 15 minutes each on
rrdtool, keychain, mason, and my personal favorite (because I'm the one
that gave it) "Random Advanced Bash'isms".

Lightning talks are nice to get some topics that aren't big enough to
justify a full talk, and also spread the interest around a bit.  We're
planning on doing lightning talks about once every three months, I think.
--
Jeff McAdams
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest." -- anonymous