gabriel rosenkoetter on 17 Jun 2004 16:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] software licenses

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:49:15AM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Dan is quite right, I'm sorry.  Here is a link that explains how to
> use the GPL.  It takes a few minutes to peruse if one really wants to
> understand, but ultimately comes down to attaching some boilerplate to
> what you write.

The creative commons folks have a lot to say about this, provide a
lot more flexibility, and actively help make it easy to clearly
label things. Rerring people to http://www.creativecommons.org/
leaves them far more options than referring them to the GPL (which
is pretty restrictive on future users of the code and even on the
owner of the copyright).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net