ss396 on 30 Jun 2004 02:22:03 -0000

[PLUG] Mappings background pids to their exit status

hello,

I am writing a korn shell script where, I am spawning multiple instances of a process in the background and want to make sure that they exited properly before the script exits.

Presently I am following this logic:

1. Spawn the processes and store the pids in an array.
2. Do a wait on each pid in the array.

Though, this makes sure that all the processes are being exited, I would like to make sure that each of the process exited with status 0.

$? doesn't help me in finding the exit status of the background processes.

I am sure there is a better way to do this. Can someone please help !?!

Thanks,
Suchindra

PS: I first posted this, by an alternate email account and later realized that I was subscibed to PLUG via another. As that post is still in the process of being approved, I re-posted this in the interest of time. Sorry for spamming if you receive the earlier email too.