Art Alexion on 7 Jul 2004 12:51:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] cd burning on a samba burner

Greg Lopp wrote:

Art Alexion wrote:

Is there a way to get any Linux CD burning software to recognize and use a CD writer that is actually attached to a windows PC on a samba network?

Now, if the remote windows machine was using one of those funky
drivers that integrated into the kernel such that you can drag
and drop to a CDRW, then you'd have something. As long as you
can write to that remote cd burner without the help of an
application, you've got something.

Actually, it might. Not written into kernel32, but there is this driver loading (InCD) that allows drag and drop of files onto a UDF (not ISO) CD-RW. I wonder whether that would work from konqueror or the command line...?

--

art Alexion