Paul on 9 Jul 2004 19:23:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Dell and Linux

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

Right, but the article wasn't about them selling servers in Europe, which they already do. The article was about them selling Linspire-loaded PCs in Europe, something which Microsoft wouldn't take too kindly to and has attempted to quash in the past.

You make it sound like M$ can't handle competition...the right way. So many people I know are like software Lemmings. I don't think M$ has much to worry about when it comes to desktops...for now.

If M$, Apple, and Linux were all free and open source, I bet the desktop market would still go to M$ or Apple. I still see technical people using Linux on servers, workstations, and embedded devices. And the few of us running it as a desktop when we're allowed by family.