William H. Magill on 16 Jul 2004 14:49:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Regional DSL provider: DCANet

On 16 Sep, 2004, at 10:12, Chris wrote:
In my region, willow grove, if I was to order dsl from dcanet, it's a covad
crkt. Guess it maybe a distance thing.

No. The issue is where COVAD does business.

After their bankruptcy in 2000/1, they seriously scaled back their operations... especially in the Delaware Valley.

There are many markets where they simply do not compete, primarily because of the intrinsic cost of doing business exceeds the market potential.

DSL service is not the "barn burner" it was considered back in the go-go 90s. Today, Cable services both exceeds DSL in market penetration and in analysis's expectations for future expansion.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
magill@mcgillsociety.org
magill@acm.org