gabriel rosenkoetter on 16 Jul 2004 15:21:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Regional DSL prov^H^H^H^HISP: DCANet

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:12:04AM -0400, Chris wrote:
> In my region, willow grove, if I was to order dsl from dcanet, it's a covad
> crkt. Guess it maybe a distance thing.

Yes, but DCANet is not a DSL provider, as I very mistakenly stated
in the subject, but an ISP. They don't rent space in COs, so they
have to use some other company for DSL provisioning.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:48:09AM -0400, William H. Magill wrote:
> After their bankruptcy in 2000/1, they seriously scaled back their
> operations... especially in the Delaware Valley.

Well, my Speakeasy line in Swarthmore, very much in the Delaware
Valley, goes through Covad. Maybe you mean that they don't reach
outlying areas as much any more?

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:48:27AM -0400, Dan Widyono wrote:
> FWIW, in University City DCANet can go over covad or verizon.

No matter what, DCANet in University City will go through Verizon's
line provisioning; the issue is whether the contract with DCANet or
Verizon for management of the DSLAM in the CO.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net