gabriel rosenkoetter on 16 Jul 2004 19:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Lingo Report

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:15:36PM -0400, Eug wrote:
> The biggest complaint from the author is that Vonage refuses to
> publish their IP addresses so that people can write their firewall
> rules to only have these ports open for packets coming from Vonage.

... which is an absurd complaint because no ports need to be opened
for Vonage in particular and, even if they did, one could discover
what the IP addresses it communicates with where relatively easily
(either by sniffing traffic or simply by querying whois.arin.net).
I made no changes to my network when I put my Vonage box inside it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net