Michael Lazin on 18 Jul 2004 04:39:02 -0000

[PLUG] Setting up DNS on Fedora Core 2

I am trying to set up a DNS server for my domain,
lazinweb.homelinux.net, which I have from dynDNS.  I have a static IP
address and two machines behind a firewall.  I opened up port 53 to
allow DNS.  I used h2n to generate DNS data from my /etc/hosts file,
and I started DNS.  I get the following errors when I use nslookup to
try to get DNS info from my Macintosh.  Any help with this would be
appreciated.

[root@doppelbock BOOTLINUX]# nslookup macdaddy

Server:         204.183.80.2
Address:        204.183.80.2#53

** server can't find macdaddy: NXDOMAIN

[root@doppelbock BOOTLINUX]# nslookup 192.168.0.191
Server:         204.183.80.2
Address:        204.183.80.2#53

** server can't find 191.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa: NXDOMAIN

[root@doppelbock BOOTLINUX]#

Michael Lazin