Paul on 21 Jul 2004 23:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Web Hosting, Again

Tom Urie wrote:

According to my bookmarked currency converter kindly provided by the Bank of
Canada http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/exchform.htm, about $27.54 as of noon
today. Peanuts, considering it probably costs me that much annually in
electricity running my Debian box on an old hand-me-down Dell PowerEdge.

That's a great annual price. However, I noticed that many feature might need to be added at extra cost.

I used to have a site hosted by a foreign hosting service. These days, with off-shoring and all, I feel that I should keep my business within my own country. (That reminds me. I still haven't applied for that Linux/FreeBSD job right around the corner from me at a Web hosting company.)