Tom Urie on 21 Jul 2004 23:36:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] off topic - cordless phones conflicting with wireless routers?

From: "Ed Martin" <mr.martin@comcast.net>
> Or go back to the old fasion 900 mhz ones.

Or, you get could get a phone that (gulp) plugs straight into the wall...

I've experienced something like this-- actually interference on the phone,
but only when I was copying a lot of data over wireless (weird, since you
could actually hear yourself walking in and out of the transmission
field-makes you wonder what else is bouncing around unseen).  But not
suprising, since both the phone and the router proudly proclaim 2.4 GHz in
bold letters labelled right on the front of each.

Maybe you could try to physically seperate the two as much as possible,
though the proximity still might affect the phone peformance and/or router
bandwidth if they insist on using the same channels.  For what it's worth my
base station and router are in seperate rooms.