Tom Diehl on 13 Aug 2004 01:38:03 -0000

[PLUG] Re: update strategies/partition issue

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Bob Schwier wrote:

> Okay, here is another question.
> Do either CentOS or Whitebox handle legacy equipment and small hard drives
> or are they like Fedora or Redhat 8+, requiring speed and space.
> bs

They are more resourse hungry than anything in the past. IIRC Minimum memory
requirments for RHELCentOS/Whitebox are 256 Megs. You might want to look at
the RULE project for low memory/old slow machines. I have not looked recently
but they used to have a pretty good distro for old machines going.

Tom