Art Alexion on 14 Aug 2004 15:05:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: mutt/gpg/procmail question (Walt Mankowski)

Walt Mankowski wrote:

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:02:41AM -0400, Bob Schwier wrote:

I've got a dumb question since we've gotten this far off topic. I know
that pronounciation was slightly different two hundred twenty five
years ago. Could the New England dialect at the time made loose sound
more correct than lose?
bs

I'm thinking that he meant "loose" in one of those senses that I posted earlier, and it's just that both "lose" and "loose" make sense.

Walt

I agree with Walt ... loose, as in unleash ... or in a more current phrase he may have been using a variation of ¨to a man with a hammer, everything is a nail¨. Like, when you define yourself by your immense power, using it (or unleashing it) seems the solution to everything.

For me, one of the hallmarks of good writing is the ability to reasonably interpret it in a variety of complimentary ways.

--

Art Alexion

GnuPG fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661  92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.

Key for signed PDFs available at http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/ArthurSAlexion.p7c