Paul on 19 Aug 2004 18:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fixing bad hard drive

Guillermo Moyna wrote:

I've done this so many times with Seagate SCSI drives it's not even funny. We bought ~10 machines with identical drives which started failing one after another. My solution was to take the controller from a good one, put it on a bad one, and 'dd' the data to a new, different model/make, SCSI drive of the same capacity. It never failed.

I think this is great, but I think everyone who isn't, should take making backups more seriously.