Paul on 20 Aug 2004 11:51:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Booting/disk "problem"?

eric@lucii.org wrote:

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 23:22, Paul wrote:

Aren't there tools designed to analyze stuff like this?

Yes, there are. Some very good ones I might ad.

What tools would you recommend? I'm not a system admin... I just play
one on TV :-D I've hear of "tripwire" or something like that but I'm not sure how it works if the sytem is not already protected in advance.

Well, you already know some files and directories have been modified to say the least!

I think I've heard of a bootable CD with such tools on it. This might not be it, but Knoppix-STD is nice. STD stands for security tools distro.