sean finney on 21 Aug 2004 17:59:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Booting/disk "problem"?

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 11:21:12AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> I just came across Autopsy Forensic Browser,
> http://www.sleuthkit.org/autopsy/desc.php

i don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the
coroner's toolkit is a great suite of commandline tools
for data forensics.  wietse venema is one of the authors,
too:

http://www.porcupine.org/forensics/tct.html

in the past i've used knoppix cd, downloaded and compiled tct,
and then used a combination of tct tools like lazarus, and of
course dd to rescue deleted files from my ext3 partition.

	sean