Art Clemons on 21 Aug 2004 21:24:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] update strategies/partition issue

>The memory I got from Crucial is not working either.  I am waiting for
>their mountain time tech support to open to see if we can fix or trade.
>(see below)

I'm surprised, I've never had to ship back ram to Crucial. I do wonder just what other ram you have in the computer.

>> I also have to state that I would more expect a 566 Celeron to take
>>PC100 rather than PC133 but that's just an expectation.  I've
>>certainly seen PC133 ram not work in some older computers.

>I'm starting to think this is the problem, though Compaq and Crucial >both recommend PC133.

There is one other possibility considering how older motherboards were put together, and that's that your old ram won't work with your new ram. I'ld bet you already have PC100 in the slot(s) that work(s), and in some computers the computer would not work unless all the ram had the same speed. I suspect if you took the new ram and put it where the old ram is, it would work. Oh yes, one other possibility, your slots may be defective too.