Art Alexion on 1 Sep 2004 14:47:07 -0000

Re: Fwd: Re: [PLUG] Adding a new HD

LeRoy Cressy wrote:

| Now, a follow up question: If I plan to install a new distro on the
| remaining 15 g, should I move /home first, or wait for the new distro to
| create a new /home in the partition and then just move the existing
| files there. I assume that, in order to share this new /home directory
| between the distros, I need to have /home in its own partition. I guess
| my question is whether to install the new distro first.
Why do you want to install a new distro? Is the current distribution

Current distribution is Red Hat 7.3; long in the tooth, but working well. Still, won't work with some things I want to try.

Want to install additional to see how new distro runs on this machine before trashing existing system.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC
arthur [at] alexion [dot] com
aim: aalexion
sms: 2679725536 [at] messaging [dot] sprintpcs [dot] com

PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661 92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at