Mike Leone on 3 Sep 2004 04:45:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] PLUG meeting??

> > That is the official address of the university, I believe. Not
> > necessarily of a particular hall, it appears.
> >

> from  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html linked to
> the 9/1 announcement. <snip> Rosenberger Hall, Room 101
> 600 South 43rd Street
> Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
> <snip>
>
> pretty specific, eh?

"Alternative site: Griffith Hall, usually room C

Griffith C is a more traditional university classroom - it has similar
presentation facilities for presenters, but has no power or Ethernet
connections at the individual seats. Griffith is the building directly
across the street from Rosenberger (see directions further down this
page)."

http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html

Not exactly explicit that if you can't find the meeting in one location,
to try the other, but still specific as to the most likely meeting
location, if the meeting turns out to not be in Rosenberger Hall.

> > >  seems not
> > > very user friendly and careless to me.
> > >

> > Perhaps you should volunteer to do it better, then.
> >
> perhaps I will when I actually find the meeting place :)

Perhaps have been signs posted on the door of Rosenberger to direct
people across the street. I know we had done that in the past.

The person to speak to about volunteering to help out PLUG in this
respect is probably Mike Toren, who is the PLUG list admin and
webmaster.