eric@lucii.org on 3 Sep 2004 04:55:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft/Active Directory

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:45:49PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> > ok, I apologize for being confused; I forgot about NDS and
> > thought groupwise subsumed it (I just skimmed the manual, sue
> > me). MS-AD now includes the policy stuff too. so WTF is a
> > "forest", anyway, lol
>
> A forest is a collection of domain "trees", of course. :-)

To add to the misery: as far as I could figure out a Microsoft AD
"domain" is not *necessarily* a "domain" (like "phillylinux.org")
but it *could* be congruent.
Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!  Take a well defined term and redefine it
for their own.  Pretty much assures confusion.

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth