eric@lucii.org on 4 Sep 2004 22:37:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] novell kit

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 03:24:09PM -0400, Ron Mansolino wrote:
> eric@lucii.org said...
> >
> > > =================
> > >   Please be aware that the software included is for evaluation purposes.
> > > To avoid data loss, it is highly recommended that this software first be
> > > installed on test systems, and any data be backed up before installation
> > > or upgrade on those systems.
> > > =================
>

> Are there any restriction on *using* this, or is this just a CYA advisory?

The way I read it is that you can use it but don't expect support.
Of course, I purchased SuSE Pro 9.0 and have never asked for
support.  Neither did I ask for support when I paid for 8.x, 7.x, or
6.x either.  Nor the Red Hat versions I paid for.  In fact, I've
NEVER used the support that I've paid for :-)

My motto:  If I'm running it on a "money making system" then I pay
for the system and support - it's the professional thing to do and
I've done it.  OTOH: I've run Oracle to brush up on my skills or
*test* a system for possible commercial use.  In that case, I felt
no obligation to pay Oracle as the system was not a "money maker".

I'm for damn sure not a lawyer, and I'm not sure if it's "legal" in
all cases but it fits my idea of what's right (follow the golden
rule.)

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth