Art Clemons on 11 Sep 2004 06:49:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] weird mozilla spam issue

>I have noticed that some spam -- that isn't caught by the filter -- >gets automatically marked as read. This is advertising mail, not viral >vectors. Have the spammers figured out some protocol that does this, >or has anyone heard about this as a mozilla problem?

I realize I'm coming late to this discussion but is your copy of Mozilla perhaps set to mark some email matching a set of criteria as read. That's what I used to do with Netscape to get rid of spam before better tools and spam detection began. I found it safer than automatically deleting email or moving most stuff to a junk folder.