Ed Martin on 12 Sep 2004 21:42:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Howard Bloom
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 5:11 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

Ed Martin wrote:
> [...]

Yes.  I don't think you read a single letter I wrote.

I own Xandros Business Desktop.  Works nicely.  It's a Cessna 172 with 4
seats - I still have myself and 5 passengers.

Like O.J.'s glove, if it don't fit ....

Howard I respect you and your opinion. I on the other hand see a huge hole
that needs to be filled with a reliable product. Going to the desktop now
with Linux in some state, would raise the gauntlet to Microsoft and it's
time to do it NOW!

This next two years are the time, as the watered down Longhorn is released
and we watch them stumble. It's time and it doesn't get any better than
this. Do you remember when Novell stumbled bringing out a good prime time
Windows network solution back in 93-94? Microsoft put out a half baked
Windows NT 3.5 and won huge market share!

This is the time and solution minded technicians who see their home &
corporate desktops being trashed by unscrupulous virus/worm/ad ware need to
come up with a good solution.
The story line is different however the time is ripe. Today it's battleing
viruses and worms. Ten years ago we where trying to get a good easy to use
network client.

Let's get the desktop tight over the next two years and put a crack in the
foundation of Microsoft.