Stephen Gran on 13 Sep 2004 16:53:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables -A INPUT -s Howard_Bloom/0 -j DROP

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 12:36:02PM -0400, Tobias DiPasquale said:
> Hi all,
>
> All those in favor of dropping Howard Bloom from this list, reply
> 'Aye'. Clearly, he has no help to offer the community and wishes to
> only instigate us.

I am not in favor of dumping anybody for being an ass - I prefer
keeping the list as open as possible, since my personal feeling is
everybody is an ass at one time or another :)

That being said, I do understand how you feel.  ISTM that Howard is not
comfortable with linux yet, and can't figure out how to do what he
wants/needs to do with linux, and is taking out his short comings and
frustrations on anyone who will listen.  I am also under the impression
that he is not making an effort to address his problems (in other words,
I see no projects out there looking to rewrite or replace ACT! with his
name associated) so I am under the impression that he just likes to
complain, rather than being constructive.

Rather sad, really.
|  Stephen Gran                  | BOFH excuse #24:  network packets       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | travelling uphill (use a carrier        |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | pigeon)                                 |