Art Alexion on 15 Sep 2004 12:55:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SuSE 9.1, Only 1%

Paul wrote:

OK, so I took the Novell-SuSE 9.1 DVD and exported in through NFS. I was working my way through a remote install up to the point where the files started being copied. Two times the install froze at 1%. Has anyone run into a similar problem? Help?

I am interested in this because I am waiting on the DVD myself, and like you, have no DVD on my Linux machine. I had asked previously if the DVD was set up (like the Linux Format magazine DVDs) so that you could burn CDs from its various parts, and then use the CDs in your DVD-less machine. Is that possible? If its not, I'm either SOL or I need to look into that $20 DVD drive you mentioned.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c