abradley on 15 Sep 2004 12:52:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] FW: flame wars

Passive Aggressive.  I think that is what Dan Gotlieb would call it.

And Yes, I top posted.

I almost quit the list AGAIN.  Who has time to spend on this?  I want
information on Linux not a flame war.

Andrew Bradley
abradley at secor dot com

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Art Alexion
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 8:29 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] FW: flame wars

Chris Kelly wrote:

> dont drop him its what he wants... let the attention whore go away on
> his own.

My feelings exactly.

As for baiting vs. taking the bait, my wife sees this among 4th graders
all the time.  A trouble maker, too smart to risk getting in trouble
himself, keeps poking at someone to set /them/ off.  He gets the rush
while the other kid gets in trouble.  Howard seems good and practiced at

this.  I saw a lot of people who never caused problems on this list, to
my knowledge, take his bait; I did so myself.

People who get their rush by getting others to lose it get a big part of

their fulfillment when their targets get into trouble.  Please don't
feed into that.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need
for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c