Stephen Gran on 15 Sep 2004 12:35:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rp-pppoe and Verizon DSL

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:09:17AM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> From the pppoe man page:
>       -T timeout
> And from the pppd man page:
>       lcp-echo-interval n
> OPTIONS FILES
>
> Is it possible that tinkering with the pppoe timeout value and the
> lcp-echo-interval of pppd would solve my problem.

Yes, those should work well, I would think.

> I think it is a configuration problem because of the nature of the
> windows implementation of pppoe is not set to automatically reconnect.
> Hence, if I was getting the same disconnects when the Windows machine
> was connected, I would be repeatedly prompted to manually reconnect --
> and I am not.

I agree - it does sound like the windows implementation of pppoe is more
forgiving about what it considers 'disconnected' than rp-pppoe.
Tweaking pppd is a pain, and my experience has always been that it's
just trial and error.
|  Stephen Gran                  | This fortune intentionally left blank.  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |