Rebecca Ore on 15 Sep 2004 13:28:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FW: flame wars

On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, at 07:33 AM, Mike Leone wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure he knew he was baiting, and doing it
deliberately. Doesn't mean he didn't have a valid point here and there,
amongst the chaff.

What irritated me more than the discussion of what Linux didn't have that Windows did have was what appeared to be gratuitous gay and liberal baiting. Whether Linux (or Mac or Solaris) can do everything that Windows can do has nothing to do with that, in my opinion.

I used Linux from RedHat 4.1 (which Chris Fearnley helped me install) to RedHat 9 (which I bought the cheapest service contract for since I thought RedHat deserved some of my money for all the use I'd made of it). I'll probably build another machine in the case some day and use Linux again (Intel 166 processors with 96 MG of RAM are seriously underpowered these days). I'd hate to think that I had to agree with everyone's politics here or they with mine to use the list for help and advice.