Jeff Abrahamson on 18 Sep 2004 16:52:03 -0000

[PLUG] exim return address rewriting

I have a Debian stable machine running exim where my user name
( is not my email address
(jeffxyz @

I would like to set up exim to make sure that email from me looks like
it's from  (I'd like to do it at the exim level
so that the choice of mailer isn't important.)

Ideally, I'd like Debian to understand this change so that future
installs / updates will get it write.

It's not clear to me that this is possible.  Any advice?

 Jeff Abrahamson  <>    +1 215/837-2287

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out: